Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Raising A Glass

Those who know me fairly well know I have a love affair with glasses, particularly wine and champagne flutes. It goes back to my childhood, I think. My parents have this grand china cabinet filled with their wedding dishes and a myriad of stemware. I always loved it when my mother would break out the "fancy glasses." When I moved into my first apartment, my aunt gave me boxes of wine glasses and champagne flutes as a housewarming gift. I was in heaven! When styling your reception or next party, kick your glassware selection up a notch. Move past the plain, boring crystal and find something that really reflects the mood you're creating.
Versace Arabesque wine glass, how delicate and thin

Belle Boulevard by Kate Spade; look at those spidery lines

Waterford's Clarendon; how formal and ornate, very old school

Gigi by Crate and Barrel; I love how modern and spare this design is. Would be perfect on a square table.

Happy Celebrations by Waterford; if bling is your theme, this is your glass!

June Lane by Kate Spade; feels so preppy chic

Nambe Tilt Double Old fashioned, love the sensual line of this glass

Crate and Barrel's Valencia; would look great with a vintage damask linen

Vera Wang's Love Knot champagne bucket, doesn't it look satiny smooth?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin