Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday's Escape: The James Hotel, Chicago

As I was dreaming of where we'd go today, I realized I had never been to Chicago. How did I settle on Chicago, you ask? Why our new President Elect, of course! I was reading a story earlier this week regarding how he and our new First Lady recently celebrated their anniversary at Spiaggia and thought, it's time for a visit to the Windy City. It's heralded as the best Italian restaurant in the country and the couple's favorite.

Now that we've established the perfect place for a romantic dinner for two, where are we going to stay? Why at none other than The James Hotel. The James is a gorgeously sleek property close to the Magnificent Mile, Chicago's prime shopping district.
Loving the modern lobby, take notice of the minimalist arrangements of branches.
The Loft Suite, I want those chairs for my living room asap!
Cocktails in the J Bar are a must. The chocolate banquets are so lush.
Should you decide to marry at the hotel, the Great Room would do nicely.

Also, there is wonderful property currently under construction in the city, The Elysian. It will be a residence hotel, featuring 188 guest suites and 52 private homes. Can't wait to see it upon completion. Happy Weekend!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin