Thursday, June 25, 2009

Food For Thought Thursdays:Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone and Agave

There's something about the thought of grilled fruit that never sat right with me. But that dear readers, was before I had grilled pineapple and yes, peaches. I was at a lovely lawn party that was catered of course. When I came across Leslie's foodie blog, I knew I had to share the experience with you. Enjoy!


Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone and Agave
Peaches(however many you want to serve)
Mascarpone Cheese(3 tbsp per 1/2 peach)
Agave Nectar(no specific amount)
Basil(1 leaf per whole peach)
Demerara Sugar

Preheat your grill to around 400
Cut your peach in half and remove the pit
Grill cut side down for about 5 minutes
While peaches are grilling mix the cheese and a bit of agave nectar together to sweeten the cheese up a bit.
Scoop about 3 tablespoons of cheese onto each peach half.
Drizzle with agave nectar and sprinkle some demerara sugar on the top. Place some basil on each peach.

EAT PEACH....LICK PLATE(**Leslie's words but my sentiments, exactly!)
recipe and image courtesy of Leslie

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Dawn,
Thank you for giving me credit for my peaches. yummy huh?

Dawn said...

They were so so good! I've gotten more than a few emails about those peaches.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin