Tuesday, June 8, 2010

From Inspiration to Reality

I am always interested in stretching and growing creatively in my work as an event planner. I love flowers (who doesn't?) so when I was contacted by fab planner Dana of Elegantly Yours to design the florals for an upcoming wedding, I jumped at the chance. While I can't show all of the gorgeous details just yet, I did want to share the journey from inspiration to reality.
This was the prototype for the reception tables I'd created for the bride to preview. Roses and carnations in varying shades of pink with hot pink calla lilies artfully twisted in the bottom of the vase.
Here are the final centerpieces ready to grace the guest tables. The vases were banded with satin ribbon and crystals while the flowers' colors were punched up a bit.
Slight change from hot pink calla lilies in the mock up to floating mini pink cymbidiums. The pinks really popped against the linens. I loved the design process and the chance to flex my creative muscle a bit. I'm definitely looking forward to continuing my floral work.

**Photography courtesy of Metro Photos.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin