Friday, May 29, 2009

Embracing The Garter Tradition

Happy Friday, dear readers! I know we typically have our virtual vacays on Friday's Escape but today I have something even better. On Wednesday, I hit the road (well I-95 actually) to attend the launch party of the oh so fab Julianne Smith's new garter collection. Luxe fabrics, fresh & modern design and personalized, hand-styled details ensure these are not your grandmother's garters. Perfect for the bride who wants to embrace the garter tradition but with her own style. The party was held at Hello Cupcake and when I say we all died and went to cupcake heaven... If you live in DC or just visiting, make sure you stop by. I have 3 words for you: gourmet from scratch...enough said. (try the Triple Coconut)
Perfect little something blue
so loving the polka dots

cupcake heaven
cupcake maven Penny Karas and designer Julianne Smith
Dana Briggs of Elegantly Yours Events, myself and the insanely talented (and funny!) Katie Martin of Elegance & Simplicity (who will be presenting at Maximize Your Brand in July, btw)
hip planner Ivy Robinson and the stylish Robin Fisher of Polished
**images courtesy of Sevan Photography

2 comments:

julianne smith said...

dawn!! such a sweet post! thank you and thanks for making up north for the party!

Dawn said...

You are very welcome. I had a blast at the party!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin