Thursday, November 19, 2009

Food For Thought Thursdays: Sweet Potato Souffle

One of my favorite Fall foods is sweet potatoes. I love them baked, mashed, candied and of course in a pie. And let me just tell you that my mother makes the best sweet potato pie in all of the land! I wish I had her recipe to share with you but alas, my mother is strictly old school and cooks by taste and sight. But I've found something which I think will be equally good this Thanksgiving holiday, Sweet Potato Souffle courtesy of Patricia and John. Enjoy!


Sweet Potato Souffles from Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant

2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp butter, melted
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup rum
1/4 tsp cinnamon


Preheat the oven to 350.
Cook the sweet potatoes. You can roast them in the oven, but I prefer boiling them since you’re going to mash them and roasting them could caramelize the outsides a bit too much.
Mash the sweet potatoes using a potato masher or stand mixer.
In the mixer, beat the sweet potatoes with the brown sugar, butter, eggs, rum, and cinnamon.
Transfer the batter in to a buttered 2 quart baking dish or into individual ramekins.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out cleanly.
Cool slightly and serve warm or cold.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin