Monday, February 25, 2008

It All Started With China

Every year around this time, I start planning my special "Girlfriends Only" party. I have a very diverse group of friends, all of whom lead busy lives, so when we have the opportunity to get together, I think it should be an event. Last year, it was "Cocktails and Catching Up", signature drinks and mini champagne bottles as favors included, of course. This year I wasn't sure which direction I wanted to go, that was until I saw the china.


Can we just reflect for a moment on the beauty that is this Versace Butterfly Garden china? Very charming, whimsical, very "ladies who lunch". Perfect for a Sunday afternoon brunch. See where I'm going?

This floral basket by Fringe will do nicely for the arrangements I'll put together. I'm brainstorming something with long stems, very slender blooms to balance the ultra feminine pattern of the vase.

My teacakes will look even more delicious on this lovely serving tray, also by Fringe. I found the most wonderful mini bundt pans at Walmart last night. I haven't decided on which recipe I'll pull out of my files, but something light and airy will do nicely. Maybe angel cake drizzled with strawberries ( my favorite fruit).

I think my friends will love these French Lilac candles by Pacifica.

Or maybe Illume's Pomegranate candle.
Now I'm feeling totally inspired, hope you are too! Happy Monday!!


**Photos courtesy of Bloomingdales, which is having an awesome home sale.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin