Thursday, February 21, 2008

Spring Is In The Air

Well, not really as it's about 35 degrees today, but I digress. I was visiting my parents the other day (which is one of the reasons I hadn't posted this week, sorry guys), and as the sun set she remarked how much longer the days seem. To be honest, I hadn't noticed it or maybe I did but didn't give it much thought. My mother loves tending to her little flower garden, so I know she's itching to get back out there and see what the change in season will bring. I, on the other hand, immediately started thinking about a Spring wedding. If the choices were totally mine, what colors would I use and how to incorporate the various elements into one cohesive vision/theme. After a little brainstorming on my handy dandy notepad (yes I use old-fashioned paper and pencil to come up with ideas, my high school English teacher left a big impression), here's what I came up with.

It all started with an article I was reading in AD about Oscar de la Renta's new resort, Tortuga Bay in the Dominican Republic. It's one of the most sought-after resorts this season, not to mention it's color is the season's hottest shade, yellow. How could I resist? Casual chic was the guiding principal, from Melissa Sweet's gown which is perfect for a beach wedding to the wicker fans which are sure to keep you cool in the island sun to lemon drop martinis, so refreshing. The sweet perfection of Laduree macarons are great for guest take-aways. Can't make it to Punta Cana for your wedding? Don't fret, these ideas will translate well to a lovely garden party and save Tortuga Bay for the honeymoon. Be sure to tell Oscar I said hello!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin