Thursday, April 3, 2008

NY Magazine Bridal Show Re-cap

Okay, so I made it back home safe and sound. I always love my visits to Manhattan, the energy of that city is incredible. My friend Dana, of Elegantly Yours Events, was my partner in crime and we had a blast. Our companion for the day was none other than 30Rock's Grizz, who just happens to be a friend of Dana's. It was great having him along for the ride!

If you watch the Style Network's Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?, I know you've seen the beautifully detailed work of Xochitl Gonzalez of Always A Bridesmaid. Xochitl is such a sweetheart! Thanks Xochitl for chatting with Dana and I.

Now people, I told you the uberfabulous Colin Cowie would be in attendance and he did not disappoint. Colin was on hand to discuss the bride-to-be's questions/concerns about planning and also sign a copy of his latest book. Yes, that's me getting my copy signed. Thanks Colin! (Shout out to Dana for the camera skills!)

Dana is a huge fan of celebrity planner and lifestyle expert David Tutera. David was the designer for Star Jones' fabulous nuptials as well as the host of Lifetime's Get Married . He has also partnered with Disney Resorts to create Disney's Couture Wedding Collection. David was so warm and inviting. Definitely check out the Disney collection, too gorgeous for words!!
(l to r: Dana, David and myself)

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have met THE cake maestro: Ron Ben-Israel. You've seen his work in Town and Country as well as Grace Ormonde magazine. Ron has done some of the most incredible looking AND tasting cakes I've ever had (talk about moist). His creations are truly custom made, designed to each couple's standards. For my DC/VA brides, of course I asked if shipping was available. Ron assured me, for the right bride who participates in the design process (and a suitable budget), his cakes are personally delivered by refrigerated truck. Talk about hands on! Such a bubbly personality, thanks again Ron!!

I first heard about MarieBelle while watching a chocolate special on the Food Network. Her chocolates are so divine and beautifully hand painted with different designs. Naturally the designs could be customized to fit your wedding or event. The taste...so rich and creamy. Heaven in a little square! Sorry for the dark shot but the everyone was hampering for taste and I don't blame them!

I had a great time in the city and can't wait to get back! Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin