Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I'm sure all of you remember when I attended the fabulous New York Magazine Wedding Showcase a couple of weeks ago. As you know, I met the lovely Xochitl Gonzalez of Always A Bridesmaid and Whose Wedding Is It, Anyway? fame at the show and she is a complete sweetheart. Naturally, when I asked Xochitl if she'd be interested in sharing a bit about her event style with my readers, she agreed without any hesitation!

The uber talented Xochitl

What inspires your events?
My clients and pretty stuff! Seriously, I like to make things as special for the client as humanly possible.

What has been the highlight of your career to date?
Pretty recent actually. We did the NY Magazine show and Mark Ingram told us our table was stunning. That was a big deal for me!

What are the 3 adjectives that best describe your style?
Eclectic, Personalized, colorful.

Please talk about the current trends of the wedding industry involving design.
I think we are moving to more organic containers and less flowers. I think romance is being found in much simpler arrangements. I also am excited to see "full room design" catching on as a trend at all price points across the industry. People are really prioritizing lighting, linens, and detail pieces in a way that was formerly only for big budget events.

How does a bride add a personal touch to her wedding?
It’s important to think beyond design and have the bride and groom consider the food, the music, the flow of the party- these are all things that create personalized atmosphere!

Where do you get your inspiration from when it comes to the design of your client's wedding?
From my clients! I like to go to their homes when possible to see what their taste is. I get to know them during the months of planning before we design a thing. It helps me understand them best. Finally, I look at things with them- magazines, sites, and I notice how they dress on a day to day basis. A stylish bride wants a stylish affair!!

What are some of your favorite venues in the city?
Studio 450, the Metropolitan Building in LIC and I love the Tobacco Warehouse.

Tell us some fun details about your home life.
Ugh. I don't know!!! I am a born and bred Brooklynite, which is a big deal to me. It hurt to move the office to the city!! I have a very broad circle of friends that entertain me to no end. I'm into eating a lot! I have a ginormous extended family....I guess I'm pretty social!





Thanks so much for your time and the beautiful images, Xochitl. I truly appreciate it!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin