Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Birds Of A Feather

Hello again Dear Readers, last evening I attended my very first ISES meeting. I wasn't sure what to expect, after all most networking events aren't necessarily that interesting, but ISES was a huge surprise! I met a lot of great people last night including chapter president Kelley Gillespie and the membership director Dave Fritz as well as the very engaging Lori Hill and Jacinda Andrews. To say I felt welcomed would be an understatement. Of course I had my new handy-dandy camera to mark the occasion.
This was my table, lucky number 7.


A closer view of the centerpiece.
And yes I even photographed the menu, lol. What can I say, I didn't want to leave anything out of the experience.
This is the dessert course served to each guest. L to R: Hazelnut Napoleon w/caramel sauce, Omelets Nowegian w/Turkish Coffee sauce and "After 8" Mousse w/red currant jelly (inside). Can we say delish?

There was also a cake competition in which three beautifully decorated cakes were on display. I didn't sample any but they looked incredible, don't you agree?
Look at the detail on the shoe topper. And the pearls are a great touch.
I absolutely loved this ombre colored cake, the shading is wonderfully done. The picture doesn't do it justice.

These sugar flowers were wondrous! They were so life-like, I had to restrain myself from reaching out and touching them, lol.

Until next time, have a great day!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin