Monday, March 3, 2008

A Taste Sensation

It's time for my weekly grocery shopping and I wanted to try something different that my usual fare. You guys know how much I love TasteSpotting. The variety of recipes from all over the world is amazing. After visiting this site, one shouldn't ask, "What's for dinner?" There is always something new and exotic or great comfort foods and desserts to try. So, what's tickled my fancy, you ask?

Doesn't this Seco de Chivo with plantains and arroz amarillo look absolutely delicious? Laylita did a beautiful job with this dish. This will be my first time trying goat, I'm not even sure I will be able to find it locally, but I'll try. I am a huge fan of plantains, so those should be easy enough.

The good folks over at You Say Tomato have come up with a fabulously light and flavorful Spinach and Ricotta Pie. I so love a flaky crust, not everyone can pull these off, but when it's done right...heaven.

Can we talk sinful desserts for a minute? No, you can not stick your spoon thru the screen, lol. You simply MUST visit Cerise Gourmand for her baked bananas recipe.

Bon Appetit!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin