Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday's Escape: Lisbon, City of the Seven Hills

Lisbon has been on my travel wish list for quite some time. A beautiful mix of old world charm and modernity, Lisbon has something for history buffs and those seeking a cosmopolitan European city. Read more about this rich city here. One of the city's finest hotels, Pestana Palace, is a national monument and has been beautifully restored. The perfect respite after a day spent exploring and fit for a queen! Happy weekend!
Torre De Belim
Sculptures and The Sea
Rua Garrett
Eduardo VII Park
Hotel Pestana Palace




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

You need to plan a group trip to some of these places because you have me ready to jump through the computer!

Certifiably Resourceful

Dawn said...

I was thinking the same thing. Wouldn't that be just perfect? I'd have to round up group of adventurous people.

Anonymous said...

Just let me know the dates and I'll round up a DC crew!

Certifiably Resourceful

Dawn said...

Wait until you see what I have planned for this Friday!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin