Monday, July 7, 2008

Flower Power

Last week I mentioned I'm currently working to improve my floral design skills and in my search I came across celebrity floral designer Michael George. As a second generation florist, Mr. George has flowers in his blood. He has designed flowers for Martha Stewart, Calvin Klein and Oscar de la Renta among others. What I love most about his work is the clean, graphic architectural style to his arrangements. From what I've seen, Mr. George does not use a lot of greenery and I love it! He also teaches design classes at the Flower School NY. The classes are small in number (max of 12 students) and really provide a hands-on experience. New Yorkers have all the luck!
Pink peonies by Michael George
Mr. George's book can be purchased on Amazon.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin