Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Little Sparkle & Shine

Inspiration can be found everywhere, any great designer will tell you as much. All you need to do is be open to it. And trust me when I say, it will strike when you least expect it. Just be sure to have a pen and paper or your camera at the ready. I spend quite a bit of time on my computer (in case you hadn't noticed) and when I come across a picture I like, I always save it. ALWAYS! You never know when it will come in handy. Case in point, today's post. I do love pretty things and nothing will catch my eye faster than something that sparkles and shines.
I really like this dress by Mon Cheri. It has movement and the glamour is a bit subdued for when you want to "wow" but not overpower.
Now you may see this Betsy Johnson dress and think, wait a minute Dawn...this is another black cocktail dress. You're absolutely right, but the difference is in the cut and the way in which the paillettes are used. Totally different effect; very young, hip and a bit of a rock and roll edge.
What I love about this Easton Pearson top is that it's totally wearable during the day. Pair it with slim cut white pants and strappy sandals and you're good to go!
I don't ask for much, my lovelies, but if you ever come across these Christian Louboutins in the flesh, you MUST purchase them, no questions asked. Deal? Do you see how tightly those sequins are sewn together? Craftsmanship, people.
This Burberry top is so fun!
Atil Kutoglu's cocktail dresses remind me of hot summer nights and Caribbean seas.

Now you may be asking yourself, how do the shoes and the dresses help with my wedding/cocktail party/etc. etc? What we're talking about is inspiration, my dear readers. You take something that sparks your imagination and you tweak it to fit the look and feel of your fete. Take for instance these chair covers from Mosaic. I adore them so much I'm using them for the design project I'm currently working on. See that? A little sparkle & shine.

And these little beauties I designed myself! I can't wait to use them on my next tablescape.

Inspiration+Imagination+Creativity=WOW!

2 comments:

franki durbin said...

I completely agree. Always save those pix, as you never know when a random image of a shoe or a vase can inspire you.

Besides, a little bit of shimmer and sparkle never hurt anyone, right? :)

Dawn said...

Exactly! You're a woman after my own heart, Franki.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin